en français: Foire aux questions – UWP
1. What are the size of the grants being administered by United Way Peterborough?
United Way Peterborough will be issuing grants up to a maximum of $10,000.
2. How much money is available through this fund? Is it possible to find out how much is available for our region?
The ECSF is a $350 million investment made by the Government of Canada, and a significant portion is being delivered through United Ways Centraide Canada, Community Foundations of Canada and Canadian Red Cross across the country. United Way Peterborough will be allocating $366,080 in our region.
3. If we have received other federal and/or provincial or territorial Covid-19 related funding, can we still apply?
Yes, ECSF resources can enhance and expand your current COVID-19 funded community service so long as expenses are not counted twice.
4. What if we are not currently a United Way or Centraide funded agency?
We are committed to ensuring that funds are broadly available to community service organizations and agencies working to provide services and support vulnerable populations impacted by COVID-19. You do not need to be a current funded agency to apply.
5. Which kinds of community service organizations are eligible?
Organizations providing front-line services to vulnerable populations impact by COVID-19 are eligible to apply, including registered charities, and other qualified donees. Check the Canada Revenue Agency list of qualified donees by clicking here.
7. We are a non-profit, how can we access and partner with United Way Centraides to provide support to vulnerable communities?
Non-profits in Canada are playing an important role in helping to respond to local needs. Unfortunately, we are unable to partner with non-profits at this time.
The Canadian Red Cross has launched a granting program for Non-profits. To find out more about their program please visit redcross.ca/communityorganizations.
7. Will you pay for activities that meet the criteria that are already underway?
If activities or services are underway, you can apply for additional resources to expand and/or extend the delivery of service for a longer time (up to March 31, 2021).
8. If my agency is receiving the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy, are we still eligible to apply for funding?
Yes. ECSF funds cannot fund any expenses (including wages) already covered by another source, but can complement existing sources, including the wage subsidy.
9. How many funding requests can be made by one organization?
Community Services Organizations may apply for more than one service. Please submit separate applications for each proposed service
10. How will decisions about the funding be made? How quickly can we anticipate a decision?
All applications will be vetted by a community investment committee comprised of Community volunteers and recommendations from that committee will be approved by the United Way of Peterborough & Districts Board of Directors.
Applications will be reviewed during July with all funding allocations made public on or before July 31, 2020.
11. The front-line services we are delivering are at risk of closing without new funding. Are we able to apply for funding under this program?
The purpose of the ECSF is to resource front-line services supporting vulnerable populations impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Eligible expenses include staffing, equipment, supplies, and related operating costs that allow organizations to provide and deliver services that respond to the current crisis.
12. May we apply to United Way Centraides, Community Foundations and Canadian Red Cross?
Yes. Applicants may not, however, apply to more than one funder for the same program activities and related costs. The three intermediaries will be coordinating locally to ensure that funds are being distributed to have the best possible local reach to serve vulnerable populations.
13. What are the reporting requirements?
The reporting requirements for this funding will focus primarily on number of services and clients served, and organizations will be expected to periodically provide updates to these numbers throughout the period of the grant. Additional details will be shared with successful applicants.
14. How will United Way Centraides ensure that this funding is reaching the most vulnerable communities? Is there a commitment to access and equity for these resources?
United Way Peterborough is committed to ensuring an open and fair application and review process. We will be working to promote this funding opportunity throughout our community and to support organizations seeking to apply.
United Way Peterborough will be considering a number of equity dimensions as they make decisions on how these resources will be allocated locally. These can include populations served, geographic balance, rural and remote access or other systemic challenges.
15. We’re part of national organization network, but we are governed locally. Should we look to apply to our local United Way Centraide for ECSF funds or should our national office coordinate our applications?
Resources are being distributed across the country through local offices. Local chapters of national organizations should to apply directly to their local United Way or Centraide.
16. Where can we find more information? Will assistance be provided in the application process?
Organizations can find further information by referring to the Applicant Guide.