IMPORTANT – Please note the deadline for completed applications is June 23, 2023
2023 REACHING HOME CALL FOR PROPOSALS
The United Way Peterborough & District (UWP) as the Community Entity for Peterborough City and County is pleased to announce that a Reaching Home Call for Proposals for the period of August 1, 2023, to March 31, 2024, is now open for application. This funding has been allocated to our community to help individuals and families who are experiencing homelessness or at a risk of becoming homeless.
REACHING HOME PROGRAM OVERVIEW
Reaching Home (RH): Canada’s Homelessness Strategy is a community-based program aimed at preventing and reducing homelessness across Canada. This program provides funding to communities to help them address their local homelessness needs. Reaching Home supports the goals of the National Housing Strategy, in particular, to support the most vulnerable Canadians in maintaining safe, stable and affordable housing and to reduce chronic homelessness nationally by 50% by fiscal year 2027 to 2028. Homelessness has an impact on every community in Canada. It affects individuals, families, women fleeing violence, youth, seniors, veterans and people with disabilities.
A total of $296,455 is available for utilization between August 1, 2023 to March 31, 2024. There is no restriction or maximum limit on the amount of funding an applicant may request. The quantity and quality of proposals received will determine the number of projects funded and the amount of funding each project receives.
COMMUNITY FUNDING PRIORITIES
Applications that address local emerging trends in homelessness as identified by the community through an online survey that followed the April 26th Special Community-Wide CAB meeting. Survey responses identified several priority areas, including:
- Increasing housing stock, particularly supportive housing
- Collaborative projects that integrate service delivery across multiple agencies
- Prevention services
- Drop-in spaces and outreach programming
In addition, the following groups were identified as priority populations by survey respondents that require programming, services, and housing that is specific to their needs:
- Indigenous People
- Older Adults
Total Fund Available for 2023-24 $296,455
$248,277 will be allocated to:
- Housing Services
- Prevention and Shelter Diversion
- Support Services
- Capital Projects
$48,178 will be allocated to:
- Coordination of Resources and Data Collection
ELIGIBLE RECIPIENTS AND ACTIVITIES
- Not-for-profit and For-profit organizations
- Organizations that are currently receiving Reaching Home funds are eligible to apply
A full list of Eligible and Ineligible activities are described in detail HERE
Eligible activities and expenses are grouped into the following five (5) priority areas:
- Housing Services
- Prevention and shelter diversion
- Client Support services
- Capital Investments
- Coordination of resources and data collection
PROCESS AND TIMELINES
All proposals, that are complete and submitted on time, will be evaluated by the RH Community Advisory Board (CAB). Proposals will be scored using a standard set of scoring tools assessing the proposals alignment to the objective, outcomes and deliverables identified in this Request for Proposal document.
RFP Details Released to Community June 1, 2023
Proposal Deadline June 23, 2023
CAB Review of Proposal July 7, 2023
Notification of Funding Decision July 14, 2023
Proposals received will be scored based on the following criteria:
- Organizational Experience & Capacity
- Project Need, Rationale & Design
- Project Evaluation Methodology & Alignment to Outcomes
- Community Collaboration & Coordination
- Financial Stability & Oversight
- Project Sustainability or exit strategy
5 = Exceeds Standard 3 = Meets Standard 1 = Below Standard 0 = Does not meet criteria
For your application to be considered complete and to proceed through the review process, please ensure that the following documents are included in the emailed submission:
- FUNDING APPLICATION complete with all required signatures. If electronic signatures are not available a scanned PDF file of #48 DECLARATION with all signatures present will be accepted.
- PROPOSED BUDGET FORM
- STAFF SUMMARY DOCUMENT – Not needed for Capital Investments
- SUSTAINABILITY PLAN – Mandatory for Capital Investments
- TOOL TO ASSIST WITH CAPITAL PROJECTS – Mandatory for Capital Investments
ATTENTION! Please download the Funding Application and save to your desktop before filling out and submitting.
SUBMITTING YOUR REACHING HOME FUNDING APPLICATION
Email your completed application form and budget to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The deadline for completed applications is June 23, 2023
- Incomplete applications or applications received after this deadline will only be reviewed after all other applications have been processed.
- UWP will send an email to confirm receipt of your application. If you do not receive such a confirmation within two business days of sending, please follow up with an email to the address indicated above.
- Applications must be submitted via email in the original fillable PDF (application) and Excel(Budget and Staff Summary) format.
- Sustainability plans and letters of support can be sent in either word or PDF format.
- Where necessary, the scanned signature page of the application form will be accepted.
- Please do not attach any documents other than what is required on the application form
UWP reserves the right to ask for additional information as the review process moves forward.
If you have questions about the funding application or budget form, please refer to the REACHING HOME APPLICATION AND BUGET GUIDE
as well as the LIST OF ELIGIBLE AND INELIGIBLE ACTIVITIES
first. All additional questions regarding this RFP should be directed to: email@example.com