Recognizing and celebrating outstanding volunteer contributions to the City and County of Peterborough.
United Way of Peterborough & District’s Scholfield Award of Community Distinction was established to recognize an individual or organization for their outstanding contribution and ability to mobilize positive change within our community. Through their excellent leadership, the award recipient will energize and inspire people to come together to make a lasting difference in the City and County of Peterborough.
The Board of Directors of United Way Peterborough and District will select a recipient based on the following criteria:
- Achievement: The nominee achieved progress in addressing a community need or issue
- Impact: The nominee’s impact on the community was significant
- Approach: The nominee used an innovative, unique or exemplary approach
- Mobilization: The nominee mobilized members of the community
- Involvement: The nominee demonstrated a strong commitment, whether long-term or a first-time involvement
- Leadership: The nominee demonstrated leadership in addressing a community need or issue
In 2004, Paul and Ina Scholfield were the first recipients of this award. The Scholfield’s have been long-time philanthropists and community builders. Through their generosity and commitment, they lead by example, typifying the spirit of community building. Other recipients of this award include: Marion Burton, Faith Dickinson, Stephen Kylie, Marie Bongard, Sharon Courts, Paul Lafond, People First, John Martyn, Bill Strode, Roy Brady, Survivors Abreast, John McNutt and Special Olympics – Peterborough.
This award is open to any resident or organization within the boundaries of the city and county of Peterborough. Any individual or representative of national, provincial, regional or local organizations may nominate a candidate.
Nominations must be submitted by 4 pm, March 15th, 2019 to the United Way Peterborough & District office at:
277 Stewart Street, Peterborough, ON K9J 3M8
Phone: 705-742-8839 Fax: 705-742-9186