Application Guide (ECSF)
Download a printable version of the Application Guide here: Applicant Guide
en français: FUAC Applicant guide_FR_corr – UWP
Ready to apply now? Click this link to access the application form. ECSF Community Program Application – United Way Peterborough
en français: FUAC Formulaire de demande
United Way Peterborough is now accepting applications for the Emergency Community Support Fund to help charities and non-profit organizations serve and support vulnerable Canadians during the COVID-19 pandemic. This funding has been made available by the Government of Canada and funding streams are being administered by United Way Centraide Canada, Community Foundations of Canada and the Canadian Red Cross in communities from coast to coast to coast. United Way Peterborough is proud to support this important investment by the Federal Government.
Starting May 19th, 2020, United Way Peterborough will be accepting applications for funding.
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted until 11:59pm on June 19, 2020. We anticipate a high volume of requests and are working to ensure that all requests are reviewed as quickly as possible.
Who can Apply?
United Way Peterborough will fund organizations that provide direct services to vulnerable populations who are impacted by COVID-19.
Your organization is eligible to receive funding if your organization has a charitable number, or is otherwise a qualified donee, and is providing supports and services to meet immediate community needs related to the COVID-19.
This funding is intended to support frontline community service organizations providing services to support vulnerable Canadians, including low-income seniors, women, children and youth, persons with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ2S+ community, refugees, Indigenous peoples, members of racialized communities, and more.
Funds may be used for immediate needs and priorities related to the impact of COVID-19. This includes, but is not limited to, services such as:
- Preparing and delivering meals and/or food hampers
- Supporting individuals in accessing income supports and financial coaching
- Providing home care or personal support for seniors, elders, and persons with disabilities
- Mental health & wellness supports, including crisis counselling and peer support
- Personal safety supports, including for those living in or escaping situations of violence
- Access to safe transport for essential appointment and errands, and
What Types of Activities could be Funded?
- Community outreach and engagement
- Developing and/or delivering new programs, services, or delivery models as a result of COVID-19
- Sharing information and knowledge
- Engaging and recruiting volunteers
Please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions.
For questions not addressed in these resources, please Sarah Deveaux at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.