Hosting an event in support of United Way Peterborough & District helps to create opportunities for a better life for everyone in our community.
We would like to thank the community for hosting many successful events in support of United Way Peterborough & District.
To help make your event a success, United Way can offer the following:
- Advice on event planning
- Access to use our logo + guidelines that outline its usage (logo is a registered trademark and cannot be altered in any way)
- A letter of support to validate the authenticity of the event and its organizers, which will include our Charitable Registration Number
- Provision of some promotional material (i.e. signage/banner)
- Assistance setting up pledging process
- A staff or volunteer speaker may attend the event and/or cheque presentation
- Promotion on Social Media
- Tax receipts for eligible donations depending on the nature of the event (please note: UWP is committed to adhering to the Canada Revenue Agency Guidelines for tax receipting of charitable gifts)
United Way is unable to provide:
- Shared mailing lists of corporate partners, donors, sponsors or volunteers.
- Staff resources to assist in event planning
- Guaranteed media presence or coverage of/at event
- Funding or reimbursement for expenses
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 705.742.8839.