Join Our Team!
United Way Peterborough & District (UWP) operates as an open, dynamic, high functioning team that values resourcefulness, creativity, and integrity. United Way is an essential part of our community’s social fabric. We are part of the social contract that creates equality of opportunity and works to empower and mobilize our neighbours, organized labour and corporate partners to contribute their time, resources and influence to build strong, inclusive communities.
Our Donor and Event Engagement Officer plays a key role in assisting United Way to fulfill its mission through building and maintaining strong donor and community relationships. Reporting to the Director of Philanthropy, the Donor and Event Engagement Officer will inspire a portfolio of workplaces and individuals to support the work of United Way and lead event planning activities.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and execute strong year-round stewardship and engagement activities designed to inspire and engage new and existing UWP supporters through philanthropy, sponsorship, volunteering and advocacy.
- Act as relationship manager and lead cheerleader, inspiring Campaign volunteers in assigned workplaces to build/maintain successful United Way Campaigns.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate workplace donor cultivation and stewardship events such as leadership giving presentations, seeing is believing tours, activities and speakers to engage workplace donors year-round.
- Lead the planning and execution of UWP events such as Peterborough Performs, Campaign Launch, Campaign Celebration, Day of Caring.
- Support third party event planning committees to execute successful fundraising events for United Way Peterborough & District.
- Identify and secure new sponsorship workplace campaign opportunities.
- Embrace the United Way database to manage relationships. Capture, enter and maintain relevant stakeholder information in database and extract required information.
- Participate in community activities and events to enhance the image and position of UWP. Activities include speaking to groups, participating in civic engagement, and overall immersion in the community by networking to foster the culture of philanthropy.
- Stay apprised of trends or issues in relevant industries that affect business climate or culture, and economic environment which could impact fund development.
Education & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in fundraising, a social science or related business discipline.
- 3 to 5 years of demonstrated success in:
- relationship management in a fundraising environment or
- applied customer-centric relationship in a for profit environment or
- project/event management
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Able to work with a team of staff and volunteers with a high level of enthusiasm.
- Accurate, organized, willingness for perpetual learning
- Innovative and creative problem solver
- Demonstrated ability to interact comfortably, tactfully, professionally and effectively with a wide range of companies and individuals
- Demonstrated skills in conducting presentations and public speaking.
- Excellent planning and time management skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and flexibility in meeting shifting demands and priorities.
- Experience in managing volunteers is an asset.
- Proficiency with Office 365 applications (Word, PowerPoint, Publisher and Excel), Canva, Constant Contact, virtual giving platforms, ie; Donor Perfect Database/CRM.
Working Conditions / Physical Environment:
- Physically based in Peterborough, Ontario (hybrid work schedule is offered)
- Access to personal transportation is essential.
- Non-traditional hours are sometimes required due to deadlines or event/meeting schedules
What We Offer
- Extended Healthcare Benefits
- Extended Healthcare Benefits
- Matched RRSP contribution
- Paid vacation time and sick days
- Office is closed between Christmas and New Years
- Office is closed Friday afternoons in July and August
Applications will be accepted until August 11,2023.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Anne Ondercin, Director of Philanthropy.
United Way is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that reflects our diverse community to ensure we’re best equipped to serve it. We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds and those who may need accommodation to apply to join our team.
Want to learn more about the position? Contact our Director of Philanthropy, Anne Ondercin