Deadline to apply: October 17, 2020
Contract Period: 6 months
Hours Per Week: 35
Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: Director, Administration and Finance
Please send your resume to: email@example.com
The Data Officer supports Finance and Accounting function in all areas, including processing workplace campaigns, entry and maintenance of the donor databases, and overall operational support for the department and front office. The incumbent actively advances a stakeholder-centric culture and utilizes stakeholder input to drive organizational decisions.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Gather backup required for entries, contact donor to confirm information, logging into carious sites to obtain reports as necessary
- Code Donations
- Enter New Donors into Database
- Manage incoming Workplace envelopes and donations
- Maintaining the internal envelope log
- Liaise with account rep internally with workplace accounts, reporting discrepancies and sharing account information
- Maintain and update corporate and individual account information
- Ensure donation records include accurate information related to designations, new accounts, existing records, and processing receipts
- Maintain monthly campaign pledge receivable records, including quarterly identification and analysis of potential risk of pledge loss
- Print and distribute official tax receipts for donors in accordance with the CRA guidelines and United Way’s receipting policy
- Assist with producing donor and revenue generation data to support annual and ongoing campaign planning activities
- Respond to requests for information from donors related to receipting and other donation processing matters
- Assist with campaign reports & analytics from donor database as required
Finance & Administration
- Maintains organizational records pertaining to finance and audit
- Gathers and compiles backup/ documents required for finance projects
- Assist and or manage additional projects as needed
- Assist in audit preparation
- Assist with budget creation
- Provides support to Director of Administration and Finance
- Reconciles database batches with receipts journal to ensure accuracy
- Review tax receipts for accuracy
- Notify Director of Administration and Finance of any discrepancies
- Provides general reception duties, directing and returning telephone calls and emails in a friendly and professional manner
- Processing all incoming Mail & Donations
- Management of the visitor’s log
- Ensure discrepancies are adjusted and reconciled
- Process Point of Sale transactions
- Reconcile event data
- Perform word processing and editing of spreadsheets
- Assist with mailings/RSVP lists for events, and meetings
- Daily check in with department members
- Other duties as assigned
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities Required:
- Demonstrated knowledge of MS Office Suite programs, with high proficiency in Excel.
- Strong knowledge of database software and data management best practice.
- Demonstrated understanding of basic accounting principles and working experience in financial support.
- Knowledge of CRA regulations as it relates to processing and receipting charitable donations.
- Knowledge of sound volunteer management practices gained through professional or personal experience.
- Proven ability to set goals & priorities, resolve problems, and make decisions in an environment where there are conflicting demands, tight deadlines, and changing priorities.
- High degree of self-direction, initiative, attention to detail, and precision.
- Demonstrated ability to speak, listen, and write in a clear, thorough, and timely manner.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills for frequent contact with the public, partners and community stakeholders.
- Ability to work effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems and make decisions.
- Exercises good judgment, diplomacy, tact and courtesy
- Possess strong leadership and project management skills
- Ability to manage concurrent projects under tight deadlines
Education & Experience Required:
- 3-5 years’ experience with database software – Enterprise, Abila, Blackbaud, Razors Edge, Andar etc.
- Post-Secondary education with a diploma in Office Administration or equivalent of job related and educational experience is acceptable
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites programs, with intermediate level Excel skills
- Knowledge and understanding of basic accounting principles with experience in financial support
- Experience in a not-for-profit environment is considered an asset
Working Conditions / Physical Environment:
- At least 90% of worktime will be office based.
- The incumbent will work a traditional 35-hour work week. However, due to the nature of the position some non-traditional hours will be required
- Work is completed in an environmentally controlled
- Work is completed in an environmentally controlled office building between the hours of 9:00a.m. and 5:00p.m., Mondays to Fridays (7 hours per day), with weekend and/or evening working hours on occasion.
- Two 15-minutes break periods are provided with one-hour unpaid lunch break
- Incumbent must pass a criminal record check at the time of hiring
- Access to vehicle and possession of valid driver license
- A remote work environment is available when deemed necessary by CEO/Director