Successful United Way campaigns involve people at every level of an organization including labour representatives.
It is essential to have visible support from labour. It's a great opportunity for all employee groups to interact together and show support for the community.
We know that by involving a cross-section of all employees within an organization, overall participation levels rise.
Here are some suggestions on how labour can help:
- Appoint a Labour Representative to the United Way committee.
- Provide a letter/memo endorsing the campaign.
- Recruit effective labour canvassers.
In addition, labour representatives are encouraged to:
- Show leadership by personally supporting the campaign
- Encourage and help plan proper recognition
- Circulate the Annual Campaign Labour Insert
For more information on involving unions, please contact our staff at (705) 742-8839.