January 10, 2019
Labour Community Advocate – Level 1
6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Labour Community Advocates are union members who take this 8-week course about their community and its resources.
Union members will learn:
• How to connect their union and its members with community resources and organizations
• How to share their knowledge with other union members who are looking for appropriate resources
• About listening, communication and referral skills
• About a variety of social issues affecting our community.
Labour Community Advocates work on behalf of the union to strengthen its ties and build stronger networks in the community, with the goal of achieving positive social change.
Your Faciliator is: Stephanie Levesque
Stephanie is the Labour Programs & Services Development Officer and over the years has been a member of ITU, COPE, OPSEU and CEP, now Unifor. She has 20 years experience facilitating ranging from two hour courses to week-long courses. She has certification from the CLC to facilitate.
**This is an 8-week course.**
Dates & Times
– January 10th, 2019 from 6:00pm to 9:00pm
– January 24th, 2019 from 6:00pm to 9:00pm
– February 7th, 2019 from 6:00pm to 9:00pm
– February 21st, 2019 from 6:00pm to 9:00pm
– March 7th, 2019 from 6:00pm to 9:00pm
– March 21st, 2019 from 6:00pm to 9:00pm
– April 4th, 2019 from 6:00pm to 9:00pm
– April 18th, 2019 from 6:00pm to 9:00pm
Venue:Peterborough & District Labour Council Office
246 Romaine Street
Peterborough, ON K9J 2C5 Canada + Google Map