Emergency Volunteer Registry
Emergency Volunteer Registry – General Overview
The Emergency Volunteer Registry is a special project of the United Way of Peterborough & District in partnership with
City and County of Peterborough, Peterborough County-City Health Unit, Peterborough Regional Health Centre and the local non-profit sector.
The Registry is designed to facilitate the intake and distribution of volunteers in the event of a pandemic or localized emergency.
What is the Emergency Volunteer Registry?
A database with a searchable listing of:
- Volunteers including skills, qualifications and certifications
- Community Agencies including skills needed and current volunteer abilities
- Position Profiles including skills needed and type of positions to be filled
- Just in Time Referrals a quick and easy referral system to determine where volunteers are at all times
An intake and distribution process for volunteers in the event of an Emergency
- Key contact and screening point for those who want to volunteer
- Recruitment and screening of volunteers
- Assign/direct volunteers to an organization during an emergency
- Just In Time Volunteer Support
- Information Presentation about the EVR
Want to learn more or interested in becoming an Emergency Volunteer?
Here you will find our application form and other important information about becoming an EVR volunteer:
Want to register your organization on the EVR to receive support in the event of a local emergency?
Here you will find important information about becoming a registered organization on the EVR System.