We are hiring: Director of Philanthropy (Full-Time Position)
The United Way of Peterborough and District has a 78-year history of building community and improving lives. We pride ourselves on engaging donors, volunteers, and community partners in understanding and resolving social issues. If you have a passion for social justice, are results driven, and desire to be part of a dynamic committed team of individuals then we invite you to apply.
The Director of Philanthropy will be responsible for all revenue generation activities and all marketing and communications execution. Inspiring a team of 3 you will bring expertise and acumen to our year-round fundraising efforts. Reporting directly to the CEO you will also sit on the senior management team responsible for setting strategic direction for the organization.
Broad areas of responsibilities are:
- Review and assess all current fundraising activities and set strategy for enhancement
- Oversee all Fundraising related to annual Campaign, individual donor relations, special events
- Develop a robust donor recognition program
- Develop a 3-year revenue generation plan
Marketing and Communications
- Develop and implement a strategy for year-round marketing and communications, including print, social media, media relations, direct mail, and newsletters
- Ensure all communications are on Brand and increase potential to engage with donors
The Ideal Candidate
- 5+ years of superior and successful experience in fundraising and communications
- Driven by setting and achieving goals
- Ability to instill a philanthropic culture
- Can do attitude and “roll up your sleeves” attitude
- Deep sense of humour
- Commitment to team
- Is strategic in approaches, and can see both the forest and individual trees
If you see yourself in this role, please apply in confidence to Jim Russell CEO United Way of Peterborough and District firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date January 17, 2020.